Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sort of in our House

Well we officially moved in a couple of weeks ago, but the house is still a work in progress as I imagine it will be for some time. We are still in many boxes and living basically out of one room. Jason described it best when He said it reminded him of a hotel room. No Kitchen, just a microwave on top of a folding table, toaster oven next to it, paper plates and plastic utensils. Next to that you will find our dining room table, our living room set and the TV. It's a big room thank goodness!! Our bedrooms are set up and we can all at least sleep in our own rooms. I'll post a few pics of the house like this as soon as I get my computer up and running again. Thanks to Jim and Talona for letting me use there computer for the afternoon!
Dustin has done so much work. This last week He finished laying hardwood flooring and it looks great! With help from His dad, Colton and Jason the job got done! We are now waiting for the Kitchen. It should be anytime now! We are so looking forward to it. My hope is that I will be able to cook again by Thanksgiving. Right now if I can't microwave it we don't eat it, unless Grandma has mercy on us and invites us for dinner.
Dustin and I went out to dinner the other night and the conversation went something like this... "You know Chris I have to say you are taking this remarkably well."
"What do you mean?"
" The house situation"
"Why do you say that?"
" Well usually when things are out of place you kind of lose it, I thought things would be worse. You are just doing really well."
All I could do was laugh so apparently I'm taking things in stride and maybe I'm starting to mellow out. Everything doesn't have it's place right now and we are still 0kay. I guess it all comes down to Perspective, I've realized life is good and I don't need to sweat the small stuff. I have a great family and they are all happy and healthy. We truly are blessed.

3 comments:

Paul, Nat, Syd, and Maggie said...

I'm sorry about your house situation. It will get better though, that is the good news. We would love to see you at Christmas. Maybe we could all celebrate New Year's together. We are all going to be at my mom's house. We love you guys!

Aimee said...

It sounds like you're on your way! Just a little bit longer...hang in there! I'm excited to see pictures of the "after." We need to get together soon before the snow flies. I miss you tons! I'll give you a call soon! Luv ya!
p.s. How do you get music on your blog?

Ryan, Angela, Linden, Sarah, Amanda said...

Wow, I miss you guys. I'm sorry your life is in Chaos right now. This too shall pass. You are right on not to sweat the small stuff. Can't wait to see the house. I know it will be awesome.