Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So Happy to Hear from So Many of You!

Thanks for letting me know I'm not in this alone!!! I knew you would all get a good laugh from that! It has been a crazy day as usual, but a great one! Can I just tell you I have great kids!!Even though life gets so busy and we run and run and run around here, they really make me smile and fill my heart with joy! The greatest sounds around here lately have been to hear Ethan practicing the piano and Brooke her flute-- they actually play music!! I am so grateful for the people in our lives who share their talent with my children and are helping them develop a love for music.
Today Brooke was awarded student of the month for her grade, which is a pretty big deal. All the teachers vote and she was chosen. She was really excited and all of her friends were so excited for her. She is such a beautiful, intelligent girl! I find myself getting very melancholy as her 12th Birthday approaches this weekend. I know time is just going to fly! I am trying to cherish every moment even the crazy ones!

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Doesn't it seem weird that just a few years ago we were potty training the boys and the girls were just starting school? Wow! Tell Brooke congrats! Tell her "way to go!" on the flute too. I can't wait to hear her. Time really is going to start flying (it already has) and you're such a good mom to realize it now and to recognize the good moments. You're awesome! Say hi to everyone! Love ya!

Johnsens said...

Wow, I can't believe Brooke is going to be 12! That makes me feel a little old.

Book Girl said...

Hurray for Brooke! Exciting academic news. Congrats.
I love that she is turning 12. That means she will be turning 16 sooner than later, get her driver's license, drive herself to Idaho Falls to shop with her Aunt Colette. Since everyone always reminds me that I am getting older, I will take advantage of my maturity and delight in the fact that my niece can help take care of me. Ha-Ha...Love you guys.

Angie,Rob said...

Yeah Brooke! Way to go! I'm also excited to hear you play your flute and Ethan the piano! We miss you guys tons! Yes it is really werid that Madi & Brooke have turned 12 and are going to YW's. WOW where did those years go? Let's just jump on and enjoy the ride!!! love you all,
Angie, & Madi

Dakota said...

Way to go Brooke! Only a very small percentage earn the title student of the month that really IS a big deal.

Sounds like you all are doing well we miss all of you :D

Unknown said...

Chris! Thanks for the V-day card. I am so glad you have a blog. Tell Brooke Happy Birthday two and half weeks late.
I bet she is loving young womens. I can't believe our girls are 12!!!! Hailey wants you to tell Brooke hi and Hunter says hi to Ethan and Garrett.
I have a blog too. Send me an email and I'll invite you. I keep my blog private because of Darrin's current work assignment.
Take care. It looks like Salmon is in Paradise.
Amber Williams
darrin_amber@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Brooke is TWELVE! You are a good mom, Chris. You have such talented, good kids. We sure miss you. Sorry we don't keep in contact as much as we should, but know that we love you guys a lot!