Sunday, December 21, 2008

Counter tops are In!!!







My Christmas present came earlier this year! Our counter tops were installed yesterday and they are a thing of beauty!! The plywood we had was a step up from the folding table that precariously balanced on the island for weeks but the granite was worth waiting for. It looks beautiful and we are so happy with the final result. Our work is not done but we are closer . My kitchen should be officially up and running tomorrow!!! My family should be overjoyed that I will finally be able to cook again. We have eaten so much processed food I swear I have extended our lives by at least two years each. We have enough preservatives in us to last a while. I'm lucky I haven't gained 50 pounds!!!



Well I hope to be able to post more often now that most of the major construction is done around here! Love you all and hope as you get ready for the Holidays that the Spirit of Christmas fills your homes!

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Yea! I'm so excited for you! Your kitchen looks beautiful! I'm glad that the construction is winding down and you can soon settle into a "normal" life. I miss you tons and hope your family is doing well and you have a great Christmas! Love ya!

Christine said...

Oh, it looks beautiful. I love the large island in the middle of your kitchen. I am so excited for you that you will have a working kitchen for the holidays!! Merry Christmas!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Totally love it! Your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous and SOOO inviting! I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Man that looks completely different! Amazing looking, can't wait to come visit and see it up close. Very nice style choice too I think its awesome :D

You guys have an awesome holiday break we miss you!

- Dakota, Eleanor and Aubrey

Our Hot Spot said...

It looks so great! I am so happy for you..Finally get to cook some home cooked meals. I love the black cabinet and table.. We hope you guys have a merry Christmas! We sure miss you guys.
Love, Jared, Aimee, and the gang.

Angie,Rob said...

Love the counter tops! They are gorgeous! I love the color!You guys have a very Merry Christmas, Hope to see you soon!!! We miss you tons!Love ya Angie

Kenna said...

Dustin and Chris,
I found your blog through Jared and Aimee's. It is fun to see pictures of your family. I can't believe how big your kids are. It has been so long since we saw you!

I love your kitchen...but don't envy the remodeling!

Kenna (and Marc) Wahlquist